Monday, December 20, 2010

Boot Buying Tips

I have had the privilage of spending 10 days in Park City, Utah at our Cowboy Shop. I have learned so much about our Lucchese Classics and I am excited to share what I have learned.

I found it very interesting that several people commented on the fact that they have cowboy boots, and they love them, but they never just wear them. I began to wonder why that is, I mentioned it to Jeena and she said that it is because most people have been sized too small.

Most people aren't educated or aware of how a cowboy boot should properly fit. When putting your foot in the throat of the boot, your foot should comfortably "pop" into the boot. The boot should fit comfortably snug through the instep with no pinching or pulling. There should be up to 1 1/2" of heel slippage. The heel needs to be able to slip so that you can get your foot into and out of the boot. The slippage will subside some once you have worn the boot a couple of times.

Fit is the most important aspect of enjoying and wearing your boots. Second comes style. When choosing a pair of boots, I think they need to "speak" to you. They need to fit your personality and style. A good choice for a first time boot is definately a brown or black. They are both versatile colors and can be worn with many clothing choices. Goat,Buffalo Calf, Bison or Hippo are all great choices of leather for a first time pair, they are durable as well as comfortable.

I often say that I won't buy a boot I am not in love with. I have to first like it on the shelf, but once it is on my foot, I have to be in love. I have to know just what I am going to wear this pair of boots with and see the possibilities. A pair of boots is not just another purchase, it is an investment as well as a wearable work of art.

Buying your first pair of boots can be such a rewarding and fulfilling process. With the right components, it can be something that you look forward for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment