Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
If your idea of fun includes rodeos, honky-tonks, and country music, then you might want to settle down with a cowgirl. Down to earth with an appreciation for the simple things in life, cowgirls make for great companions. Before you set out to find love on the open plain, read on for more information on how to date a cowgirl
1. Frequent cowgirl friendly establishments. Country- western bars, honky- tonks and rodeos are just a few places you're likely to find cowgirls. Keep up with your community's calendar to take advantage of more opportunities
2. Dress the part. Cowgirls are looking for cowboys, so don't leave the house without your Wranglers and cowboy hat. Don't look like you are in character, but put some thought into your appearance. Think rugged & masculine
3. Rope her in. Initiate conversation relating to horses, country-western music or ask her to go two-stepping. Dates should be designed around the cowboy way of life.
4. Pace yourself, and don't rush the relationship. Cowgirls believe in old fashioned values and command respect.
5. Give her some space. Once you have landed a lady, don't smother her. Cowgirls are independent, self-sufficient and like to hold the reins in a relationship.
The article goes on to give tips & warnings for dating a cowgirl. Some of this has some merit, but it also makes me wonder who comes up with this stuff ??????
Friday, April 22, 2011
The jeans are also brought to us by Southern Thread. They are their Adriane Jeans, featuring a vintage cast on the denim and a down to earth rip and repair detailing. This lower rise, slim fit jean is completed with a flare leg and a 20" leg opening perfect for wearing with boots.
You can click on each picture to find these great items on our website.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
This sweet and sexy dress by Stetson is made of a lightweight cotton voile that enhances the flowing skirt. You will find cotton lace insets on the bodice and skirt. This dress will definately bring a romantic and feminine touch to your wardrobe. Pair with boots to show a little of your playful side.
These dresses by Rock & Roll Cowgirl definately bring fun and sexy to the mix. These sleeveless lightweight knit racerback dresses feature cute and unique embroidered accents. The twisted straps feature 2 wooden beads each and pass through a tube hem on the back giving these dresses personality from the back.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
In 2006 Governer Jon M. Huntsman proclaimed Cowboy Poetry Week here in Utah and we have several local Cowboy Poets in our area. There are several fun gatherings & celebrations going on throughout the state.
So take a moment and check out some of the talented poets and celebrate National Cowboy Poetry Week.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
These cute capris are brought to us from Rock 47 by Wrangler. They are a low rise with a dark wash and fun cross detail on the back pockets. Definately a comfortable fun addition to any spring wardrobe.
These fun purple plaid bermuda shorts come from Cruel Girl. They are low rise, slim through the hip and thigh. These bermudas are a great casual, relaxed addition to any wardrobe.
These slimming, sexy bermuda shorts come from the new Ariat Denim collection. They are a low rise, dark wash with a frayed hemline for a touch of fun.
Click here to view these three styles plus other styles avaliable on our Burns Saddlery website So have fun and grab some "short pants" and enjoy spring.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Why choose Bick 4? Because. . .
- It does not darken finished leather.
- It conditions, cleans, polishes and protects.
- Highly recommended for exotic leathers.*
- Ideal for leather restoration and deep conditioning.
- Soft damp cloth
- Bick 4 Leather Cleaner. Click here to purchase now.
- Bick 4 leather Conditioner. Click here to select size of available bottles for purchase.
- Bick 4 Cream Base Non-silicone water and stain protector
(Note: Yes, these Caiman Lucchese Boots are three years old, she just keeps the tag on the boots for good luck : ) )Steps to cleaning cowboy boots and other leather products:
- Remove thicker dirt then, clean your leather products by wiping often with soft, damp cloth with Bick 4 cleaning product.
- Rub conditioner on boots or leather products with Bick 4 Conditioner only after they are clean and dry, so the conditioner can penetrate the pores on the leather. (Or just go ahead and use your hands.) Making sure that you get it in all the cracks and apply liberally.
- Let your boots rest so the leather can absorb the conditioner.
- Apply a cream-based leather polish after the conditioner has been applied. That will help cover any scratches still visible to the eye and will give a shine if you prefer.
- Finally, protect your efforts of cleaning and conditioning, by applying a good non-silicone water and stain protector, making sure to use a boot tree to help maintain the boots shape when your not wearing them. This will protect and keep your leather boots and leather products looking new for years to come and will prevent them from cracking and splitting, and also keeps the stitches in good shape.
- Enjoy your boots for years to come!
*Note: Not recomended for Shell Cordovan.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
Thank you for your call in question for our Bloggers Challenge! If you have a question you want answered just submit your question via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Quiz Burns' Bloggers" in the subject line and receive Free Shipping on your next order at http://www.burnssaddlery.com/. Click here for more information on the contest and our other social sites.
Do you have any other tips on cleaning horse stalls? If so, please share by commenting on our blog post.