Thursday, February 3, 2011

Getting Back on Your Horse

When I started this blog, I meant to keep myself out of it. As any blogger knows, that is really difficult. This last week has been difficult, my youngest broke her arm pretty badly and had surgery to put her back together. This isn't the first time either, five years ago she fell off of a horse and broke the same arm (different spot) just as badly. It took 2 surgeries and 6 months to get her back, but she was so strong and had such a great attitude.

The reason I am sharing this is because I am so amazed by her strength and outlook on life. She will be 14 years old next week and has been through a lot by most standards, yet she remains strong and positive. That made me think about all the people who "fall off of their horses" figuratively and literally and the inner strength that it takes to get back on. It isn't just the physical act of getting back on, it is the mental aspect of overcoming a bad experience. Every day we are all faced with "falling off our horse" and having the strength to get back on and continue the ride.

That made me realize that is part of "The Cowboy Way" and I am so grateful to be associated with such an amazing way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment