Thursday, January 6, 2011

Book Review

Reading is a passion of mine. I love to read, and having the opportunity to read while at work, it couldn’t get any better than that. I just finished reading Win with Bob Avila Beyond Training: Mentoring From a World Champion Horseman By Juli S. Thorson. Not being a horse person, I wasn’t sure if I would even make it through it, but I did and in record time. I started and finished the book in an afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised, it was very motivational , not only from the horse aspect, but the definite lessons that you can apply to every aspect of your life, not just those applying to your horse goals.


Over the next few weeks I am going to share a few excerpts from the book that I found particularly intriguing.


The first paragraph of the book reads
"You don’t have to be a show rider to be someone who wants to win with horses. To me, winning is synonymous with reaching goals- with getting where you set out to go- and that brand of winning means different things to different people. "

That is so true in every aspect of one’s life, from work to personal. I truly believe that reaching a goal is winning. However, winning definitely means different things to different people. You have to decide for yourself exactly what it means to you.

I can’t wait to share the other bits of great wisdom I learned from this book, but if you are looking for a great and inspiring book, you can purchase this book on our website at : http://www.burnssaddlery.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=WINWITHBOBAVILA&eq=&Tp=

No comments:

Post a Comment