Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cowgirl Apparel

I read the best article on CowgirlDiary.com (see link at right for blogs & websites we love, the article is dated February 26th). It's called Cowgirl Apparel, the author has been having a lot of the same musings that I have lately. What makes people choose the clothing that they do?

This was big on my mind last week as I placed a job posting for a sales associate for the store. In the requirements I included "attire appropriate for the western industry". I did not have as many responses as I did a few months ago to another listing that did not specify any attire. This is the only thing I could think of that would make much of a difference.

So what exactly is cowgirl apparel or western attire? It really depends on where you are and what you are doing. To me appropriate western attire definately includes boots. Of course my 5 toe Lucchese Classics might not be the boot for a girl taking her horse for a ride, but they do look pretty great running around the store. It also includes a favorite pair of jeans. It doesn't matter what brand, what cut, or what style as long as you feel amazing in them. Then what ever top you are in the mood for be it a t-shirt, a plaid button down, or a light peasant top.

Western attire has definately evolved from the roper and brushpopper days. It is all about comfort, style and individuality. There is no right or wrong item to include, just what suits your personality best.

No comments:

Post a Comment