Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Personal Style

What is a personal style? I know in a previous post some time ago, I examined trends and how they come and go, but I am now thouroughly interested in developing a personal style.

Style as defined by my friend dictionary.com is a mode of fashion, as in dress, especially good or approved fashion; elegance; smartness. The definition doesn't help much, so I went to my next best world wide web friend Bing. I typed in How to develop personal style. This was a little more helpful.

According to wikihow, which is toted as a how to manual that you can edit, there are some pretty reasonable tips to developing your personal style. Here are a few.

*Be observant of fashion, both around you and inside of you. Your interests can lead you to clothing choices that can work for you.
*Don't let trendy things scare you off.
*Don't force yourself to wear something that you are not comfortable in
*Find a few style muses, allow someone elses quirkiness or elegance inspire you
*Most importantly, wear your clothes with confidence- don't let them wear you.

Pretty good tips for beginning a personal style development. I think I have already begun by being observant of fashion, hence my sudden interest in personal style. However I am going to become more aware of the fashion around me. I am excited to share my observations and thoughts with you and hope you'll share yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment