Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What to Wear Wednesday or Not

I usually save Wednesday for What to Wear, meaning things that are new and fun, however today's what to wear is a blast from the past. Let me preface the what to wear with a little background history. There were some of us visiting at the hat bar about this and that and the conversation turned to some of the outrageous things that we have worn (hence yesterday's post on Tenny Lamas) Well, who could forget the leisure suit of the 1970's. That was a gem for sure. Bill, our Serratelli Hat Guy and all around fashion guru proceeded to tell Kody and I about his best leisure suit.


Imagine if you will, a navy blue double knit blazer with a slight white and red plaid pattern. Silver buttons that Bill paid big bucks for. Fire engine red, double knit, bell bottom slacks. White full quill ostrich cowboy boots with the absolute most pointy toe you can think of. Completing the look a high 7" tall crown cowboy hat with a rounded front. And imagine all of this on a man that is 5' 3" if that.

Now I totally believe that Bill was rocking the leisure suit, because he is a very nice dresser. But the entire idea of the get up had Kody and I almost rolling on the floor. Now I'm sure the idea of me in my "totally awesome" valley girl get up of the 1980's would probably cause Bill the same reaction.

I am loving the nostalgia that we brought back for that little bit of time this weekend. It makes life fun to look back, think of the things we've worn because they were the style and laugh our heads off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment