Thursday, August 18, 2011

Personal Style

Last week, I began my journey into personal style. I have a little story to share. I often check out our vendors facebook pages to first see what they are doing and what is new and second to get ideas. I happened to be on the Cruel Girl facebook page and they had just posted their August photo album. (The August line is darling by the way, I have a shirt we got in that I can't wait to post.) Anyway, back to the point, there was a comment left about the model wearing high heels and Cruel Girl being a western brand along with a comment about the big bracelet that the model is wearing.

This gave me a little insight when it comes to personal style. Who is to say that girls that wear western branded clothing don't wear heels or chunky jewelry? Or girls that wear heels and chunky jewelry don't wear Cruel Girl? There are a lot of girls that lead a "double life" as quoted by our Miller International Rep., Shane. He was referring to those girls that work in an office during the day and are cowgirls in the evenings and on the weekend. And it makes perfect sense to me that the two can overlap.

It is no secret that I am not a cowgirl, but I love my boots and jeans that are made by "western" brands. I like combining different "styles and brands" for instance I am wearing a baby doll top from Buckle, my skinny jeans by Rock & Roll Cowgirl and flats by Roxy today. I think the overall look is great. All I need to do is change one component of the outfit, such as swap my flats for boots and I have an entirely new and just as great look.


So the point of my post being, don't limit yourself in thinking that because an item comes from a certain brand of clothing that it must be worn in conjunction with only articles of clothing from the same "style or brand". Combine components of an outfit in a way that you like, and change them up for an entirely different look.

No comments:

Post a Comment